Feasibility and Financial Analysis
This training course takes students through the cycle of project feasibility study preparation and evaluation.
Feasibility study is needed before starting a new project (product or service), establishing a new business, or upgrading/modifying/expanding an existing business.
Through feasibility study preparation cycle, projects can be determined if feasible/viable from the marketing and technical viewpoints. Given their estimated capital and operation costs (CAPEX & OPEX), projects can also be determined whether profitable or not.
As the name implies, a feasibility study is used to determine the viability of an idea. The objective of this study is to ensure a project is legally and technically feasible and economically justifiable. It tells us whether a project is worth the investment or not.
What Will I Learn?
- What you'll learn
- • Define the key concepts associated with the preparation of a standard feasibility study
- • Analyze, assess and prepare a feasibility study report
- • Put forward and verify baseline scenario assumptions for the feasibility analytical model
- • Appreciate how the financial feasibility model (template) can be built utilizing Microsoft Excel
- • Carry out scenario and sensitivity analyses to improve project plans and projections
- • Evaluate feasibility studies prepared by others