Cluster 1: Generating Startup Ideas Out of Problems
Participants explore typical situations in their everyday life where they might spot opportunities for user innovations revealing how first-level innovations often begin at home.
- Identify instances of user innovation around you
- Explore typical situations to begin conceptualizing a user innovation
- Generate and analyze 10 opportunities for entrepreneurial innovation
- Case studies – videos
Cluster 2: Solving Problems and Skills Assessment
Participants assess their skills and select one idea that they think they can address by way of diffusion-the process by which a new idea or product is accepted into the market.
- Solve real-time issues by way of user innivations
- Submit 1 idea and present skills relevant for a solution
- Select final idea and form final groups
Cluster 3: Market Segmentation and Customer Personas
This module focuses on market segmentation and how participants can perform a “beachhead” analysis- identifying the primary set of target customers.
- How to rapidly develop and test ideas by gathering quick customer feedback
- Tools to successfully launch your venture including Lean Canvas
- Apply principles of market segmentation
- Conduct primary research to determine ideal customer market
- Choose one primary market to focus on the “beachhead” market
Who’s Buying: Identifying and Profiling Your Customers
In this module, participants learn to develop end user profiles and customer personas that will help them target their customers effectively.
- Develop end-user profiles, or customer personas
- Estimate the total addressable market size
Cluster 4 : Bullseye: Offering the Right Value Proposition
This module covers the essentials of defining product specifications and estimating the quantified value proposition that will help a company position itself effectively.
- Understand the full life cycle use case
- Design high-level product specifications
- Estimate the quantified value proposition
- Chart a competitive position
- Understand the Decision Making Unit (DMU)
- Develop a pricing framework
- Map a sales process
Cluster 5: The Pitch: Bringing Ideas to Center Stage